"ABUNDANT JOY, OVERFLOWING GENEROSITY”
Stewardship Campaign CY 2015
Our annual Stewardship Campaign, for which this year’s theme is “Abundant Joy, Overflowing Generosity”, with its basis in 2 Corinthians 8: 1-7 will officially kick off on Sunday, October 26, with a time for a Minute for Mission. The timeline for this year’s campaign will be as follows:
· October 26 – November 7: Early Bird Pledge period
· November 2: Question and answer conversation on church finances, budget, and stewardship campaign to take place in the sanctuary after worship at 11:30 am
· November 8 – November 23: Regular Pledge period
· November 23: Pledge Sunday
· December 7: Stewardship Dedication Sunday
Please join us for Gratitude Sunday on November 16th at our 10:30 a.m. service here at First Presbyterian Church. We will be recognizing members by years of membership with a special service, music and hospitality hour. Our members comprise the fabric of our church, and this is our chance to say “Thank you” for your years of commitment whether by your treasure, talents or time. Come and celebrate this tribute to you!
“STOP THE HUNGER” TEAM!
HELP STOP HUNGER A FEW HOURS AT A TIME
Our assigned dates for the First Pres “Stop the Hunger” Team at the Food Bank of the Southern Tier have been set for the rest of 2014. We have to fill fifteen slots the first Thursday of each month from 6 to 8 p.m. We have to fill ten slots the second Thursday of each month from 9 a.m. to noon. So check your availability on these dates and sign up quickly:
· 6 - 8 p.m.: November 6 and December 4
· 9 a.m. - 12 noon: November 13, and December 11
Make this a family affair with your children age 8 years and older. Join the “Stop the Hunger” Team to serve our community by helping to ameliorate hunger and poverty. Please call the church office at 734-1614 to sign up.